Thursday, October 14, 2010

A GREAT DAY 4


ENCHANTED ROCK
Leonard and I up on Turkey Peak
having a snack!
Living life on the edge!!
Our awesome tour guide and future member
at WLCF, Carl!! He knows his geology!!
THANKS CARL!!

DAY 4:

Well I got up at 4:30 and felt a little groggy but felt ok after my 2 cups of coffee.. I had 4 eggs, cooked over-easy, with 1 tbs of coconut oil, 1/4 cup of sweet potatoes, and 1/4 of large avocado.
Then Carl, Leonard and I left for Enchanted Rock at 7:15 this morning and spent the whole day out there! It was amazing! The weather was perfect! Carl is literally, a guide for Enchanted Rock and he really knows his stuff. I learned a lot of geology about the area, he showed us animal life, and the rare species of plant life! Thanks again Carl! Anyways after we hiked all the way up, down, and around Enchanted Rock, we decided to have our snack at the top of Turkey Peak. It was about 10:30. I had a large Honey Crisp Apple, with mixed nuts (dark chocolate coffee beans, macadamia nuts, pecans, almonds, dried apricot, cranberries, and coconut), and a couple of beef jerky sticks. A great place to eat some paleo food with a view!
Then after some more great hiking and jumping from rock to rock (like our ancestors on a hunt), at 3:30 I barbequed some chicken and had 1/2 an avocado. I love grilling. Then after a chill mobility class at Westlake Crossfit I ate dinner at 8pm. I had 1 1/2 chicken breasts with salsa on top, 1/2 an avocado, and a bag of steam fresh broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. What a GREAT day.

So a couple pointers for you paleo followers.... Keep it simple. And if you are actually eating paleo and you eat till you are full, it should keep you satiated for quite a bit of time. As you can see with most of my meal times or snack times, I go at least 4 hours until I eat again. And NO, Im not keeling over with a grumbling stomach everyday. And no, you do not need vegetables at every meal as long as you have a good serving of them at least once when you sit down to eat throughout the day. Protein and "healthy" fat have a great ability to send hormonal signals to your brain telling it your full!! Hope you all had a great day!!

PEACE, LOVE, AND PALEO

Oh and Im on my way to have an apple with fresh ground almond butter :)


No comments:

Post a Comment