Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 17 and 18

Dinner from Wednesday night,
day 17 (above)

Lunch at Mama Fu's
(above)

What was left from my chicken and ribs. (above)


Hey guys! Sorry for not posting one last night. I was beat and just went to sleep. Don't worry I didn't cheat. But first things first. Need to correct a couple things on Tuesday. I forgot to put a couple things in there.
Day 16
2pm- I had a cup of coffee with vanilla almond milk. At 7ish I had 1 cup of coconut and lime juice after my run. Then after dinner I had my apple and almond butter :)

Day 17
5:30am- 4 eggs, 1 piece of bacon, 1/4 pound of sausage, 1 tbs of pepper olive oil, 1 tbs of coconut oil, half an avocado, and a Cutie orange. I cup of coffee with 2 tbs of vanilla almond milk.

10:30am- I had an Orange Plate Special from HEB: Meatloaf (wiped off the sauce), 1 cup of broccoli with 1 tbs of olive oil, 1 cup of mashed sweet potatoes with 1 tbs of bacon fat, and 1/2 avocado.

2pm- Peach

3:30pm- Mix1 protein drink

7:30pm- 1 pound of organic grass-fed ground beef. 1 zucchini, 1 squash, 4 cups of purple cabbage, 1 an onion, 4 tbs of olive oil, 1 tbs of coconut oil, 2 tbs of bacon fat in the cabbage (cabbage and beef were cooked in different skillets), 1 tbs of honey (I don't think I will add this to the beef next time), 1 tbs of white wine vinegar, 1 tsp of lemon pepper oil in each skillet, garlic powder, sea salt, basil to the meat. This meal isn't visually appealing but it was actually pretty good. I saw the recipe on a website and just tried to create my own version. It was fun! When it was cooked, I put 1/2 of it for leftovers.

8:15- Can you guess what I had??....Thats right! Almond butter and apple!

Day 18:

5am- 4 eggs, 1 tbs of coconut oil, 1/2 avocado, and 3 pieces of bacon... I forgot a piece of fruit which would give me the carbohydrates I needed but sometimes you just don't think clearly at 5am haha. Then I had 2 cups of coffee black.

10am- Few pieces of beef jerky and a handful of organic grapes.

12:30pm- Went to lunch with an old member, Alan. He's says hi to everyone! Anyways, I went to Mama Fu's. I got the seared Ahi tuna rolled in sesame seeds, with double spinach, and green beans. It was actually really good!

2:30pm- double shot of espresso, with 1/8 cup vanilla almond milk and an orange Cutie.

5:30pm- Handful of mixed nuts and a few pieces of beef jerky.

9pm- 2 paleo margaritas, 1/4 rotisserie chicken and a rack of ribs, with a side salad with olive oil and vinegar, 2 slices of tomato and cucumber, and carrots, and 1/2 an avocado. And no reason to lie, I had a very very small sip of the seasonal pumpkin beer... This dinner was a lot of fun. I haven't hung out with that group of guys in a long while. It was good to catch up with them. Way too much fun!!



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sending this link out via e-mail! i have been computerless untill just recently, but i can now add your blog to my favorites so i can keep up everyday :) This paleo blog is SOO inspiring, and makes me want to give the paleo diet 100%. It always helps to see what other people are mixing into their paleo diets to add variety (i REALLY need to learn how to cook more). You are doing AWESOME, keep up the great work!! P.S. whenever i am not broke i will make you some sugar free paleo candy bars :) :)which will probably this weekend, because its payday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll buy all the ingredients if you make 'em, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if everyone wants a big batch, ill take all the ingedients i can get ;)
    (1)shredded coconut (sugar free)
    (2)sugar free honey
    (3)coconut oil
    (4)crushed almonds
    (5)carob powder
    i think i should make a living off of these things ;) hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. make sure the shredded coconut is sugar free this time!!!

    ReplyDelete