Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 1 of My 30 days of Paleo

Ok so I started a strict paleo diet. I have never actually committed to a strict diet, well, to be honest, bc I never had to! But I heard a story about a "code" and decided to live it and be about it, instead of just talking! So here is to all who have struggled with a strict paleo diet! I am here to struggle with you! I am going to try and blog everyday about my battles with it, and my cravings.

DAY 1: So this morning at 5am I had 4 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1/2 avocado, with salsa, and NOOO coffee. I think that was the hardest part bc there is no gas station open on the way to the gym. Sooo, I went and bought one today! So excited!! I felt pretty good though except not having any caffiene but what can you do? And 11am lunch I had a piece of chicken with broccoli and 1/2 avocado. Snack around 3 I had 1/2 an apple with almond butter (no added sugar) and an iced coffee, no cream. Then I had a couple cocktail shrimp around 5pm. For dinner at 8, you see the photo above. Deer steak, mixed veggies ( I did not eat the little corns), 1/2 avocado. And here is where I ALWAYS get a craving!! Dessert!! What am I supposed to do? I was tempted to walk across the street and get my weakness ice-cream!! mmmm I love ice cream!!....... Anyways I settled for 1/2 an apple and almond butter! So happy that day 1 is done! Hopefully my sweet tooth will begin to fade! Time to drink some nighty night tea and try and get 8 unbroken hours of sleep!!
P.S.....
Im still feeling hungry!! And its probably from all the crap I ate this weekend, and my leptin sensitivity is altered! Need to get my body back to homeostasis!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is coming at the perfect time for me! I've been keeping my food log since Friday and will use your diet as inspiration to keep me off the sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great idea, I also have a ridiculous sweet tooth and have been having some trouble staying 100% paleo recently. This blog will help motivate and inspire people like me to keep eating paleo. And most importantly help give us delicious ideas about what to cook :)
    thank you and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweet tooth should fade out after about a week. I recommend coconut treats if it doesn't and you're really in need. Mix 1/2 coconut cream with 1/2 almond butter and put that on your apple. If you're not trying to lose bodyfat that's a good plan. Too many nuts can do you in if you are trying paleo to lose bodyfat (that's more a note for readers than for you).

    I also have some recipes on my blog that may help- just look under easy recipes and most of the ones that are sweet have no-sweetener options. I have a pumpkin/coconut custard and some "candies" too I think on there... re-categorizing now so it'll be easier to find them soon!

    Diane @ Balanced Bites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up! I just started 2 weeks ago, been posting updates on my blog too, perfectmike.com

    I'm about to post my 14 day progress recap, spoiler - IT'S GOOD NEWS

    ReplyDelete