Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 2 of Paleo



Today was actually a good day! Slept like a rock and woke up rested.... At 5am I had 1 1/2 cups of coffee, black, 1 tablespoon of butter (I know I forgot about the milk solids in it. Im getting ghee this evening), 1tablespoon of bacon fat, 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 2 pieces of bacon, 1/2 cup of broccoli, and 1/4 of avocado. Then at 10am, for a snack I had a nectarine and a hand full of mixed nuts. My workout at 11am: 1 mile run, 200 double unders, 1mile run, 200 situps for time. 30:03. The workout felt pretty good. The situps were easier than usual but the second mile was pretty tough! Then at 12:15 I had a Mix1 protein drink. Its all natural, lactose free, gluten free, aaaand pretty tasty!
At 1pm I had lunch from HEB. The ever-fantastic Orange plate special: Choice of meat and two sides for $5.99! You can maybe match that at McDonalds! So I had shrimp, broccoli, and asparagus with 2 tbs of olive oil and 1/4 of an avocado. mmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmm! And there are many other combinations that you can choose from.

So at 5:15pm I had a handful of beef jerky, a tbs of olive oil (I need fat to help satiate), a small apple, and handful of nuts. I ate this quickly on the run headed to the gym....


So a side note to all this paleo talk..... Tonight's 6:30 class was an exciting bunch, they all came ready to go and with smiles on their faces!! It was awesome. And we even stayed half an hour later, all chatting and with Kat and Nicole working on their pullups!! How can you not love that?? So great stuff night class: Ben, Nicole, K-Mont, Juaquin, Chris, Kara, Brad, and one of the newest members, Whitney.


Now back to the paleo.....

Tonight at 9pm I had fresh Alaskan Salmon, more asparagus, and a spinach salad with avocado, red bell peppers, parsley, almond slices, olive oil, and balsalmic vinegar. So, all in all, I felt great today! Had tons of energy, I only had the one cup of coffee this morning and thats pretty good since I've been known to drink 6 expresso shots before 2pm. Thats nuts (and expensive)!!

1 comment: