Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Love my newly found Veggies!!!

Skillet Success




Fantastic Plating! (Thank you Katy)




Cooked to Perfection!




So I experimented with the new veggies; kohlrahi and broccolini. Let me tell you. They were surprisingly awesome! Kohlrabi might be my new favorite...
First, I started by seasoning the grass-fed center cut tenderloin! Mmmmmm. Then I cubed the kohlrabi, cutting away the outer layer. Then I sliced them into cucumber-like slices. At this point I was very skeptical about how they were going to turn out. Then, I sauteed them with ghee until they were hot and seasoned with Himalayan Pink Salt and fresh cracked pepper. It did not take long to cook at all. As for the taste, it has the consistency of a cucumber but sweeter. Like a sweeter broccoli (it is in the broccoli family.)




After I put the kohlrabi aside I put the broccolini into the same skillet and started to lightly saute them until hot. Then I poured olive oil over them with Pink salt and pepper. The broccolini was not as strong as broccoli. A little milder on the stomach as well. It was good but not as good as the kohlrabi in my opinion. Katy may think differently. I think she liked the broccolini more.




I chose to cook the broccolini in the skillet, opposed to steaming because I do not like "soft" veggies. Cooking them the way I did kept them crisp!...

Obviously, I grilled the tenderloins to perfection and plated an amazing dinner!! I highly recommend this meal to anyone. I also recommend trying the kohlrabi!

I hope everyone's new veggie adventure is going or went as well as mine. Cant wait to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds super yummy! I love brocolini but didn't know about the other one. What does it look like when you buy it?

    ReplyDelete