Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Opening Eyes




Last Friday I was giving a complimentary "Elements" lesson (#1 of 6) to a prospective client who was interested in joining our gym. He completed the first part of the beginners workout at a quick pace (200m run 21-15-9 pushups, squats, ring rows 200m run), on the set of 9 reps he began to slow down and even made a comment, "this is an eye opener! I need to do something like this!" After roughing out the last part of the workout, he showed great interest and even stayed to watch the 6am class.
After the weekend I gave him a call to see how he felt about CrossFit and if he would like to continue the "Element" Lessons. Talking with him I knew he wanted to do the elements and eventually classes but something was holding him back. That limiting factor was he lived in Kyle. KYLE?!!.... He did not know if he could handle driving that far 3-4 times a week. And I understood that. Westlake is a bit of a drive from Kyle. He actually sounded disappointed because he knew he needed to make a healthy change in his life. And crossfit was the way he wanted to go. He even said,"the one session was an eye-opener!"
After thanking me for my time and kindness, he then asked if there were any Crossfit gyms near him. I knew there were not any in San Marcos, so I suggested Crossfit Austin. Crossfit Austin is run by some pretty cool guys. Wes and Boone do a great job down there and we sometimes partner up with them for a free workout in the park.
Now why would I refer someone to another Crossfit gym? One reason!!! To make a difference in someone's life!! This guy wanted to be apart of our gym but it was not logical for him to drive that far. Being a fitness advocate, I just want people to see the importance of this type of training and be the best and healthiest person they can be. So it was only right to help him make the decision! And I do not see it as a loss but a gain!! A gain in a fellow Crossfit Athlete!! So I hope he decides to sign up down there!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you added another one to the CrossFit team. Great work Jarrod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “For it is in giving that we receive.”

    St. Francis of Assisi

    What's going on Jarrod... I think we are going to have a friendly team competition at the gym the weekend of the 17th(affiliate team tryouts for crossfit central) with a few other guys from another gym working out as well. Just seeing If you guys are interested in bringing your affiliate team by for the workout Once i hear more info about it I'll let you know. hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete