Saturday, August 27, 2011

Working on the Overhead Squat!


Well I was at Westlake CrossFit and wanted to get some work in but knew I didn't want to do a metcon... So it had been awhile since I had performed overhead squats and my WOD book showed the last time I 1RM was 9/22/10 at the weight of 245... I set 2 PR's (personal records) 250 and then 260 which is shown above in the video... And something went wrong with the video but it still shows the movement.

So before I started to warm up I took 2 GoVera, some advantages of GoVera include:
1. Ribose contributes to energy production but will not elevate blood glucose levels. In fact, even gram quantities of ribose given to diabetics has been shown to help normalize blood glucose levels.
2. MCT’s also feed directly into the Krebs cycle, helping fuel exercise without stimulating insulin production or adversely affecting blood sugar levels. Think of MCT’s as rapid, easy energy. So easy that they are used in formulas for newborn babies.
3. Maca, cissus and rhodiola are longer-term bioenergetics with cumulative benefits. No other sports drink provides this extraordinary three-phase energy support. With consistent use, in other words, you get results that build to higher and higher performance levels.



No comments:

Post a Comment